The official program includes items such as role playing, Live Action Role Playing, board games, card games, strategy games and miniature tournaments. In addition, there are also other forms of entertainment present: the games of Tyrmä’s library are available to anyone wanting to play with friends or strangers, the Nintendo corner offers a possibility to play video games, and during the event the café and commercial booths help you purchase what you need.
Code of CONduct
The rules of the convention are as follows:
1. The Finnish law applies.
2. Items, which can be dangerous or used to harm others, are not allowed to be brought on the area, nor is alcohol. Do not bring your weapon replicas along.
3. Drinking alcohol is not allowed.
4. Smoking only in areas specifically appointed for the purpose.
5. Dress code is free, but you must wear clothes and enough of them.
6. Signs or clothes encouraging to criminal activity are not allowed.
7. The word of the people in charge of the safety of the event is the last word.
8. The T-talo building is open for the event also during the night, but it cannot be used for accommodation because of the fire regulations.
Prices and Opening Hours
A day ticket to Conklaavi costs 6 € on Saturday and 4 € on Sunday. A ticket for the whole weekend is 10 €.
Free entrance is granted to those working in the convention. Please see more at Enlisting as GM or gopher.
The event is open to public as follows:
Saturday the 13th: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Sunday the 14th: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Those with the weekend ticket can stay for the night, when some of the program items continue. The ones who bought a ticket only for Saturday can upgrade their ticket to weekend ticket before 11 p.m. if they wish to do so. During the night, ticketing, information point, and the café will be closed.
The location of the convention is marked in the map below. Please note that the sign post for the con is hiding behind other icons and you need to enlarge the view to see it.
Note. Marker "flag" that represents the location of Conklaavi is hidden behind those "restaurant" markers. By zooming in you should be able to locate the flag. More info about the locations marked on the map can be found by clicking the marker icon .
Näytä Conklaavi suuremmalla kartalla
Please note that the T-talo building is accessible by wheelchair only on street level. The floor on the street level includes ticketing and information point, main hall, café and a lobby. Some program items are held in rooms below the street level or on the second floor, which are not accessible. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Food and Accommodation
Conklaavi does not offer any accommodation possibilities. The event is open during the night as well, when the visitors are welcome to stay at T-talo and play games through the night, but those who wish to sleep will have to book their accommodation in some of the hotels and hostels of Turku. Some possibilities can be seen on the previously mentioned map. Most of the places offering accommodation are situated in the city centre, whereas there are no accommodation services right next to T-talo.
There is a café, at the convention, that offers snacks and refreshments. Free food is offered to those working at the convention. Other places to buy food near the location are kebab-pizzeria and grocery stores Siwa and Valintatalo (presented in the preceding map)
Enlisting as GM or gopher
You can enlist yourself to Conklaavi as a Game Master, volunteer worker (i.e. gopher) or a volunteer to arrange a program item. Volunteering for any of these posts will be rewarded with ecstatic work force benefits – Get your share of the Conklaavi experience!
- 4 hours’ worth of work will grant a free entrance for one day. Total of 6 hours’ work will get you a free entrance for the whole weekend.
- All the lists for enrolling to games will have a special slot for those who are either financial supporters of the con or volunteer workers. This will assure that taking a shift will not prevent volunteers to participate in program items they are interested in.
- There will be free food available for volunteer workers. Please note that we cannot guarantee it is suitable for people with allergies, intolerances etc.
Interested? Who wouldn’t be! Enroll yourself for volunteer worker or responsible for a program item to firstname.lastname@example.org, and while you do, please tell us the following details:
- Your name, and if you are under 18-years-old, your age
- Your e-mail address, if different from the one you are contacting us from, and your telephone number
- The days you are able to work
- If you possess the Finnish card to work as a security person in public events, or an EA card, or a hygiene pass etc.
- If you would be responsible for a game (being a GM, holding a workshop or a panel), please send us a as detailed description as possible, e.g. maximum number of players
- If you are volunteering for work force, please give us your preferences: would you like to collect trash, stand at the cloakroom, be on duty on information point or ticketing, help out at the café or gather strangers around a board game.
Please note that Conklaavi cannot offer accommodation for its workers, but there are several hotels and hostels in Turku, some of which are presented in the map above.
Supporting the Con
Selling your products at the con
If you would like to sell your own products at the con, it is possible to rent a booth for 50 € / weekend. The price is the same, whether you would like to stay one day or the both. The table size is 1.5m x 0.7m. Renting a table will also get you coverage on Conklaavi web page and Facebook page. If you would like something more than your name on our site, please send us your logo or add at email@example.com.
You can buy an add to Conklaavi web page. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to negotiate on the price and size of the add, and the possibility of other coverage during the event. The maximum width and height of the add is 200 px (height negotiable), if the logo or such like is bigger than that, we will scale it down until it reaches the required size.
Conklaavi has a supporter package that costs 200 €. The supporter will get an advantage when enrolling to games, an inscripted plaque and their name on the supporter list. The supporter can also choose to be anonymous. But above all, the supporters make it possible for the entrance fees to stay cheap even for those less fortunate. To become a supporter, please contact us at email@example.com
In case you have any questions, please contact us via e-mail.
Please send your generic questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions on advertising or financial issues at email@example.com.
Enrolment and questions on volunteering at firstname.lastname@example.org
Conklaavi XIV is organised in co-operation with:
Academic Nintendo Club
(Webmaster has technical problems so this page is as it is)